2018/05/07 to 2018/07/02
2018 Direct School Admission (DSA) Exercise 直接收生计划
Admission to Year One 2019
Dunman High School is inviting promising Primary Six students to join our Dunman High Programme (DHP) in January 2019. Our 6-year Integrated Programme prepares the students for the A-Level Examinations without them having to go through the O-Level Examinations. The programme provides academically talented students with an enriched curriculum that aims to: develop intellectual depth and higher level thinking; inculcate active citizenry; develop a global outlook; cultivate an enterprising spirit; build strong bilingual proficiency; and gain a deep understanding of China and Chinese culture. DHP students are leaders equipped with skills to succeed in the future, in particular, the new Asian era.
If you are currently studying in a Singapore Primary School or equivalent, and would like the opportunity to become a valuable member of our Dunmanian family, please follow the instructions appended below. Prospective students who fit the following descriptors are strongly encouraged to apply.
Students not studying in Mainstream schools
- Students who are not studying in the MOE mainstream schools, including Singaporeans and Permanent Residents (PR) are required to obtain a Registration Number from MOE Customer Service Centre (CSC) before applying for DSA. MOE CSC can be contacted at +65 6872 2220 or email : email@example.com.
- All international students are to take part in the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS). Please refer to the AEIS website (https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/international-student/admissions-exercise) for details on the 2018 AEIS and registration dates.
- They are also required to sit for the school placement tests in English Language, Chinese Language and Mathematics. Test fees will apply and applicants will be notified of the payment amount and test dates via email.
– Opens : 7 May 2018
– Closes : 2 July 2018
• To apply, please refer to DSA Domain Criteria and DSA Performing Arts Criteria for information, and register by clicking on the link DSA Online Application.
• In addition, all applicants will have to submit the following hardcopy supporting documents by 5.00 pm on 2 July 2018 (Monday) to
Dunman High School
10 Tanjong Rhu Road
(Application: DSA Ex 2018)
o Primary Five Overall Results or its equivalent,
o Primary Six Mid-Year (SA1) Results or its equivalent,
o CCA / Achievement Records (if any)
• Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the date and time to attend the selection tests/auditions/trials via email. These tests would be conducted in July.
• Since 2017, we have discontinued the use of the General Ability Test (GAT) as part of our selection process for Direct School Admission Exercise.
• Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS
- Letters informing applicants on the outcome of the application will be issued by 31 August 2018 (Friday).
- No information will be released over the telephone or via email.
IMPORTANT DATES TO NOTE
|Important Dates to Note:|
|DSA Application||7 May 2018 (Monday) to 2 July 2018 (Monday)|
|Open House||19 May 2018 (Saturday) / (9.00 am to 3.00 pm)|
|Selection Tests, Auditions & Trials||25 June 2018 to 25 July 2018
(Only shortlisted applicants will be notified of the date and time to attend the selection tests/auditions/trials via email.)
Email : DSA2018@dhs.sg
Telephone : (+65) 6345 0533 ext 6701/6770/6898